Oats & Besan Chilla
A healthy snack for the calorie conscious.
- 1 bowl (200ml) of rolled oats
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons each of chopped or grated vegetables like carrot, capsicum, cabbage, onion and coriander.
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped ginger and green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt, as per taste
- Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, as required
- Cook the oats for 3-4 minutes in a pan on low flame.
- Once it cools down put it in a blender and grind it till it turns into flour.
- Add the besan, carrot, capsicum, cabbage, onion, coriander and water to the flour and mix well.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes until the oats puff up.
- Heat Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil on a tava over a low flame before spreading the chilla batter evenly.
- Add more oil to the chilla and cook it over on low-medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip it over once it starts turning brown.
- Keep cooking till it turns golden brown.
Serve with ketchup or chutney.