Sunflower Pumpkin Muffins
A delightful dessert that’s perfect after a heavy meal. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
For the Muffin:
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 lightly beaten egg
For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
For the Muffin:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease the muffin tray.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and mixed spice to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, milk and Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil to the mixture. Keep stirring till smooth.
- Stir in oats and sunflower kernels.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 180°C for 18-22 minutes or until the wooden pick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
For the Topping:
- Melt the butter.
- Mix it with brown sugar, sunflower kernels, flour and nutmeg until it turns crumbly.
- Sprinkle on the top of the muffin before baking.
Serve hot for a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Use cold pressed oils in your daily beauty routine.
Cold pressed oils are rich in phytonutrients and fatty acids including omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9. Here are a few tips on how to use them in your beauty regime.
- Get tangle-free soft hair with Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil. It strengthens the hair shafts and nourishes the roots making them healthy and shiny.
- Got frizzy hair? Treat it with a hair mask made of Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil. It is effective in treating split ends as well!
- Apply a few drops of Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil or Groundnut Oil on wet, damp hair to style it easily.
- When massaged into the scalp and hair, Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil stimulates blood circulation while regulating sebum (oil) production and water loss. This ensures the repair and rejuvenation of damaged skin cells and hair, improving its colour, tone and texture.
- Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Mustard Oil can be used as an effective toner and a moisturiser. It’s effective in reducing inflammation, irritation and infections of the skin and scalp, protecting them from environmental damage.
- Oils that are rich in antioxidants like the Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Mustard Oil work as good anti-ageing creams.
- Got oily skin? Add a few drops of the Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Sesame Oil to your skincare routine. Have dry skin instead? Using Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil at night works wonders.
- Oils like the Anantya Organic Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil have active ingredients like aroma ingredients, vitamins and nourishing agents and are best used on the face and neck.
While using make-up
- Add 2-3 drops of Anantya Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil before you put on your make-up. It works as a fantastic primer!
- Mix cold pressed oils like the Anantya Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil or Anantya Cold Pressed Mustard Oil with your foundation or a tint for a clean and smooth base.
- Use the Anantya Cold Pressed Coconut Oil before applying make-up for a soft and lasting look.